Loading some great jobs for you...
(Master's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of experience)
Position: UX Designer
Duration: 6+ months W2 contract
Location: REMOTE until post COVID (Doraville, GA)
Our client is seeking a UX Designer to join their team supporting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Qualified candidate will support of website and application development for high traffic, high availability sites, social media channels, and other electronic communications mediums. This position requires an experienced Human Factors Specialist who will participate in all aspects of the User-Centered Design (UCD) process.
* Consults with stakeholders and makes recommendations regarding the benefits and value of user-centered design (UCD)
* Plans UCD strategy for projects based on customer needs, budget, and priorities and integrate tasks into the overall development process.
* Participates in defining UX standards and templates for Web and mobile applications.
* Conducts user research through interviews, surveys, and Web analytics; define user goals and information needs; create task and system flows; develop scenarios and user personas.
* Evaluates legacy applications by conducting baseline tests, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, and analyzing any existing user feedback.
* Designs clean, consistent user interfaces; design according to best practices using knowledge gained from user/product analysis; adhere to established CDC.gov design guidelines.
* Produces wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict the user interface.
* Outlines recommended organization of content/information based on users' mental model.
* Designs and conducts remote or in-person usability tests with interactive prototypes; identify issues and make recommendations for improvement.
* Defines UI Specifications for handoff to development team.
* Produces client-ready deliverables and documentation based on templates.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, engineering or other related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
* 4 years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) applying agile methodologies as appropriate.
* 1 year of experience designing mobile-friendly or responsive Web sites or applications.
* Skilled at presenting data visualizations in meaningful dashboard layouts.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of the contract and customer organizations; translate academic and technical terminology into common terms; have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Understand and implement Section 508 accessibility requirements.
* Meet deadlines with both timeliness and quality; have strong organization and time management skills; balance and prioritize work across multiple projects.
* Work independently and as part of a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Master's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
* Understanding of the public health mission.
* Experience working in a government contracting environment.
* Relevant on-the-job experience in designing usable and mobile-friendly Web sites (preferably Web applications).
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...