Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position will be part of the production team and will help to execute packaging artworks. All artwork executions are coordinated to maintain the integrity of the approved designs and themes. The production artist must thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects. The production artist performs digital page layout and brand extensions to approved design files using desktop software applications. Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
* Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions, specifications, workflow diagrams and SOPs
* Responsible for ensuring that all artworks are saved in designated file locations on the server with the appropriate document control file naming specifications
* Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact on the business.
* Provide direction, support and mentorship to production art team
Pre-flight and Organization of Incoming Jobs
* Check customer supplied files when starting a new job, and compare it to the supplied hard copy for any differences and size conformity
* Ensure that job instructions are aligned to artwork supplied and/or referenced
* Verify colors used and check the resolution of any CT's
* Receive product definitions from sales, project managers or production managers
* Manipulate files to match customer specs
* Adjust art to meet minimum type and line thickness accordingly based on specifications for different types of printing and client requirements
* Assign color builds and Pantone ink swatches to art elements
* Apply art to printer supplied die drawing
* Create line extension mechanical art from supplied brief or supplied elements
* Create/manipulate artwork to conform with regulatory specifications
* Files must be organized to follow defined job folder and server structure and properly prepared for achieving upon completion of project
* Output proofs as needed for internal checks and as specified on the order for customer review and approval
Completed Job Quality Control Check
* Check job to ensure accuracy of copy, content, color designations, and job data / labels if applicable
* Ensuring the accuracy of the final data deliverable such as, but not limited to, PDF, AI, EPS, FTP upload and CD upload
* Ensuring common elements are respected
* Responsible for ensuring that all required checklist(s) are completed accordingly and in full, with any errors found subsequently corrected
* Flag any errors or deviations from standard work procedures to the Production Manager/Supervisor
* Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac's and PC's
* Good understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required
* Basic color management skills and the ability to work with different digital formats are required
* Must have the ability to output digital files to various output devices; must have the ability to continue to learn and use new graphics software on an ongoing basis
* Must have an understanding of print processes and how one color affects another
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some College/Associate's Degree preferred
* 1-3 years of work in a printing environment preferred
* Full comprehension in reading work instructions and business memos.
* Able to effectively communicate through writing of business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using prescribed form and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
* Proofreading skills required.
* Ability to work independently after initial training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee's duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position requires periodic standing, walking, bending.
- The employee may occasionally lift or move items up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...