B-Line UX/UI Designer
Laerdal in Washington, DC
- Industry: Information Technology - UX/UI Designer
- Type: Full Time
B-Line Medical makes software that helps healthcare professionals and educators improve the delivery of healthcare. Focused on the capture, debriefing, and assessment of medical training and clinical events, B-Line Medical specializes in the delivery of robust, yet easy-to-use web-based solutions. Our software has helped over 500 top hospitals, medical schools, and nursing programs in 35 countries operate and manage their training and QI programs more effectively.
Our Mission Statement is to provide healthcare educators and clinicians with innovative video-driven solutions to effect real and immediate improvement in the delivery of care.
B-Line Medical is seeking a User Experience / User Interface Designer to join our team. You will be working alongside a talented development team, our Product Managers, and one of the Co-Founders of the company.
You will be responsible for a cohesive design across our suite of products, including an existing enterprise platform, a mobile app, new features, and even new products in support of our industry-leading platform. 60% of medical schools use our products, including 9 of the top 10 medical schools ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
As a member of the team, you'll be presented with new challenges as you help develop the best product in the industry, with an opportunity to establish a design system using Atomic Design principles. We believe in using the best technology for the job, so you will be able to work in your software of choice for this position.
Our team culture can be described as creative, problem solving, and thinking past the limits. Our team has always had a strong sense of design, our current growth now requires the need for a design leader to drive a cohesive UX strategy.
What you will be doing:
- Creating interactive wireframes and prototypes to communicate and problem-solve scenarios and user issues
- Using low and high fidelity prototypes appropriately to demonstrate app behavior to stakeholders
- Identifying UX issues based on metrics and conducting research and/or interviews
- Work as part the product management and engineering teams
- Collaborating with the team to define, refine, and document user personas and user flows
- Advise on information architecture design, based on research and industry best practices
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a UX designer, UI designer, hybrid designer, or professional experiential equivalent
- Portfolio or examples of work showing prototypes and iterative process that focuses on user-centered design
- Fluency in complex interactions and responsive web design best practices
- Experience in conducting user research and testing utilizing user centered design principals
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand complex technical and project details and communicate them simply to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong experience in rapid prototyping tools
- Demonstrated experience leading the entire user experience process, from problem identification to measurably effective solution
Interested candidates for any openings should send their Curriculum Vitae and Salary Requirements to ...@laerdal.com or confidential fax to 845-###-####. For accommodations or assistance in applying or inquiring about any openings, please contact ...@laerdal.com.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR sections 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!