Digital - User Experience Mobile Research Lead, VP
JP Morgan Grupo Financiero in Palo Alto, CA
- Industry: Information Technology - UX/UI Designer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $138,635.00 - 197,100.00 / Year*
Digital - User Experience Mobile Research Lead, VP
Job Category: Digital
Chase is the U.S. consumer andcommercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leadingglobal financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operationsworldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad rangeof financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages,auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing.Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
At Chase, we want to lead thedigital transformation by designing and delivering experiences for ourcustomers that are simple and secure. As part of our team, you will have theopportunity to impact millions of people in a deeper, more engaged way byworking on everything from our mobile apps to online banking to emergingpayments ? that are used by millions of customers every dayThe Role:
We are looking for a creative andresourceful Digital User Experience Researcher with strong design researchskills. Naturally, we want someone who can think outside (and inside) the boxand provide fresh thought leadership, but we are also looking for an individualwho will complement the team in ways we haven?t even imagined. If you canexplain why you?re that person, we want you!
As a Lead User Experience Researcheryou will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conductingresear ch, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects.
The minimal requirement is that youcan demonstrate experience and expertise planning, leading, and executing userresearch programs.The strong candidate will:
- Demonstrate a higher than usual degree of user empathy, and will be able to tell a compelling story about the motivations and intentions of our users, inspiring all stakeholders towards ?Aha!? moments.
- Be able to take sometimes, fuzzy-headed notions and craft those into solid, testable research hypotheses around which you will design and deliver the appropriate research.
- Command a keen sense of design and understand when less is more and when it?s not.
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively and productively with diverse teams and as well as independently.
- Simply put, we are looking for someone with extensive research experience, a towering intellect, uncompromising talent, and supreme organizational ability. And of course, you have to be fun to work with and get along well with mostly really cool people.
- In a nutshell, we want to out-distance the competition and vastly improve any customer tool, application, or web/mobile property we touch.
- Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis?complete with a specific method and tasks that illuminate the heart of the issue.
- Be able to quickly understand the needs of our internal clients?especially as they relate to who their users are and what questions they really need to have answered.
- Develop research strategies and proposals and execute on time and on budget.
- Provide design recommendations with firm conviction and a gentle touch, while carefully reading people so you?ll always know the right balance of each.
- Electrify project teams with concise reports and brilliantly prepared presentations under tight deadlines while juggling six balls (and a chain saw) with the other hand.
- ?Synergize? with our exceptional interaction and visual designers to further improve information architecture, site navigation, labels, and other design elements.
- Manage large body of work and direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, usability testing, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.), and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
- Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
- Ability to connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
- Confidently apply a range of frameworks to synthesize and solve research problems.
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to facilitate the design process.
- 5+years of user experience with multifaceted responsibilities. We prefer a mix ofweb and mobile experience.
- Relatedexperience in another field such as interactive design, informationarchitecture, and/or market research is a plus.
- Strongunderstanding of user interface design practices and principles a must?betterstill if you can demonstrate experience relating to research.
- Strongproject management and negotiating skills are central to the position.
- Strongcommunication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.Your ability to demonstrate success in these areas should quickly becomeobvious.
- Abilityto communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methodsand approaches?orally and in writing?considered a good thing (wild gesturingoptional).
- Strongmoderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building.
- Abilityto work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
- Knowledgeof OvoStudios, Morae, Photoshop, SharePoint, Visio, iRise or other prototypingtools are additionally advantageous
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Apply Using LinkedIn
You can also apply using your LinkedIn? profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your R?sum?, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here .
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui ux designer, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Palo Alto, CA!