Head of, User Experience Research
Compensation: $122,820.00 - $129,630.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who We Are:Getty Images
is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverageWho You Are:
As the Head of User Research, you will advise and support your team to help shape the future of Getty Images, by providing clear and actionable insights and a deep understanding of our customers.
By nature, you are a curious and highly analytical person who craves knowledge. You are a skilled and experienced researcher who is energized by the chance to get closer to customers, to understand their world and share that understanding with others. You are a great listener with the ability to connect with and have meaningful conversations with customers.
You are an empathetic and humble leader, with a proven ability to empower your teams to produce their best work. You have experience working closely with other groups (including product management, product design, technology, and marketing), as a collaborator and impactful partner.
You are passionate about your work, about research, and about images. The opportunity to be part of moving the world with images excites you. You bring that passion to work every day. And you create it within your team.
You and your team will be responsible for designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to actionable recommendations. You will be responsible for finding innovative and valid ways to understand customer issues, behaviors, motivations and needs. You will explain findings with clarity and transparency and propose recommendations.
You and your team will work within cross-functional teams focused on solving real customer problems, providing vital input based on the research you conduct. You will set an example to your team and others on how to collaborate with other groups.Your Next Challenge:
Work closely with business stakeholders to identify research priorities based on opportunities, gaps in knowledge and organization objectives. You will work with your team to set the research roadmap and then execute against that plan, including doing some of the IC work yourself.
What You ll Need:
- Mentors team - Helps team members grow in their knowledge of UX research and supports them in their career goals. You will help each team member understand how their work contributes to company goals. Interfaces with other teams, removing blocks when needed.
- Evangelizes - Promotes design thinking across product teams. Gets product teams to talk to customers on a regular basis. Advocates for users needs.
- Communicates - Shares insights with stakeholders and business partners to help shape product strategy and drive feature improvements and launches
- Prioritizes - Manages the research team's priorities based on company goals and team members interests
- Product/design thinker - Knows how research can contribute to the design process. Knows how to validate product ideas by breaking down ideas into assumptions, forming hypotheses, and testing each one. Familiar with psychological and product design frameworks.
- Methodological - Familiar with a broad range of research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, and knows which methodology is best to answer a research question
- Player/coach - Does both IC and managerial work.
- Ops - manages team tools and standardizes processes.
- 7+ years working in user experience research
- 3+ years of leading interdisciplinary UX research teams by inspiring passion, dedication and amazing work from all team members
- In-depth knowledge of UX research principles and methodologies
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with significant financial implication and high executive visibility
- Intensely curious with an intrinsic love for research
- Solid relevant experience researching customer experience in an online merchandising environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Bachelor s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent experience
- Master s degree preferred
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Associated topics: interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...