UX Writer III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Genesis10 is currently seeking a UX Writer with our client in the SEO industry in their New York, NY location. This is a 6 month + contract position.Position DescriptionJob Requirements:
Android is looking for a UX writer to join the Android Auto UX team. You will also be part of the Android UX writing team, at the forefront of our communication with both Android Auto users and our automotive partners. You will author a wide array of content including design, safety, and integration guidelines for partners, interface text, and other documentation. Above all, you will decipher complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately.
If you want to help shape the Android Auto experience and relish working with really smart designers, researchers, and product managers, please apply.Top 3 daily Responsibilities:
- Work as an integral part of the Android Auto product team, collaborating closely and effectively both with designers and with the extended product team, including other Android UX writers, managers, engineers, researchers, product management, legal, and marketing.
- Write, edit, and coordinate the production of documentation for our automotive partners, including UX partner guidelines for the Auto. We're looking for someone to learn the technical, design, and business context for Android Auto, anticipate partner and user issues that may arise, and proactively drive development of partner documentation.
- Plan, research, and write UI text and related copy for a variety of auto-related products and features, and ensure that final text is incorporated in the final product.
- Help users understand Android Auto interface by authoring warm welcomes, tutorials, and other forms of user education.
- Help develop and promote writing guidelines and standards for Android Auto and related products.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class Android software and hardware products.
Nice to have:
- BA/BS degree; or in lieu of degree, 8+years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with SDLC
- Advanced editing, writing, and project management skills for a broad range of audiences, including but not limited to UX writing and longer-form technical or design documentation.
- Proven ability to take the initiative and see complex projects through to completion with minimal direction.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable learning about and discussing technical issues, ranging from engineering details to animation or design minutiae.
- Experience with consumer-focused writing for computing platforms.
- Ability to work independently
- Comfort level with ambiguity
- Familiarity with localization practices and issues, including the ability to spot potential translation issues and the kinds of information translators need about a particular string to translate it effectively.
- Experience setting up UXW approach from the ground up
- Proven ability of defining and leading tone, personality, and brand voice.
- Comfortable with early stage efforts, dealing with ambiguity and driving projects forward
- Track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong record of creative thinking and a sense of humor
- Experience working with complexity and determining constraints in ambiguous situations Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders (user researchers, other designers, product managers, engineers)
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!About Genesis10:
- Familiarity with the automotive industry and automotive design practices.
- Basic knowledge of a few typical design tools like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch; for example, for editing text in mocks or preparing screenshots.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of critical business or technical concepts related to a product area, such as in-depth knowledge of legal, marketing, or other factors that impact a product's development; or specialized knowledge of technical issues related to a specific type of UI, such as location or security.
- Familiarity with source code management, build systems, and related processes.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com
'Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associated topics: interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer
Loading some great jobs for you...