User Interface (UI) Programmer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
User Interface ProgrammerWhat makes us Epic?About Us
At the core of Epic s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.Engineering at EpicWhat we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.What you ll do
We re looking for a User Interface (UI) Programmer to who is passionate about games and well-versed in C++, UI development, gameplay, and console development. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to work across UI, gameplay, and platforms to build features highly impactful to users.In this role, you will
What we re looking for
- Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems
- Optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable code
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Experience developing UI features for games across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- General experience with web services
- Unreal Engine development experience
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills
- You re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!This role can be based in:Cary, NC
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux ui designer
Loading some great jobs for you...