Research Internship (Spring 2020, HCI/UX)
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Type: InternshipExperience: Graduate StudentsWho we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We've grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.Who you are:
You're an aspiring HCI/UX researcher who has conducted novel user research/design projects in applied research/product settings, preferably published in top tier conferences, and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems at the intersection of AI and HCI, working in a highly collaborative environment and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.Responsibilities:
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Place-based/Digital Ethnography, Participatory Design (PD), Contextual User Interfaces, and/or Design of Information Systems (DIS).
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), exploring solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Science, Interaction Design, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or related fields.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting, including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Preferably published in related fields of study (CHI, CSCW, DIS, HFES or related HCI/design conferences or journals).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up HCI/UX research projects and demonstrate progress through principled use of qualitative or quantitative metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...