Senior UI/UX Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
ADG Creative, LLC
Company Job Title:Senior UI/UX Engineer
TS/SCI w/ FS Polygraph
Location:Ft. Meade, MD
Exempt, Full Time, RegularSummary: Working closely with analysts, product owners, leadership, and developers, the Senior UI/UX Engineer
is responsible for designing user interfaces for enterprise applications based on user needs and project requirements. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, survey, interview, document user needs and requirements
- Perform analysis, define workflows, create wireframes and prototypes
- Conduct testing and evaluation to validate and verify that application enhancements that offer the best human-system interaction experience.
- Direct and conduct usability testing.
- Work closely with product designers and process engineers to develop applications.
- Design and develop user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Execute usability and software engineering cycle phases including analysis, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Collect and document user requirements.
- Create user interface design specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related field (e.g. systems engineering, software engineering, business process engineering), in cognitive and/or experimental psychology, or human factors engineering.
- An advanced degree in these fields is desired but not required.
- 10+ years experience in this or related field and must be familiar with task analyses, user interface design, and usability testing.
- 5+ years user-centered design and testing experience.
- Experience with the following:
- Designing and deploying surveys.
- Design and product development processes.
- Directing and conducting usability testing.
- Early-stage design, ideation techniques, and research methods.
- Collaborating with a team of programmers and analysts with varying skillsets.
- Agile and lean philosophies.
- TS/SCI with FS Polygraph clearance required
- Professional certifications such as Certified Human Factors Engineering Professional, Certified Usability Analyst, or equivalents are desired but not required.
- Excellent management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and usability best practices.
- Ability to work individually and within a team and assist teammates to achieve team commitments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be detail oriented.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...