ChaiOne in Houston, TX
- Industry: Information Technology - UX/UI Designer
- Type: Full Time
Title: UI/UX Designer - Consultant
Reports to: Head of Design
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. We work with some of the world s largest energy & industrial companies to solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving. We strive to transform the way businesses and industry operate through cutting edge technology, smart solutions, and bringing a modern experience to the enterprise.
We re looking for an interaction designer who is excited to join us on our mission to make complex industrial and enterprise problems simple. As a designer on our UX team, you ll be collaborating with UX researchers, engineers, designers, and end-users to drive well-crafted web and mobile applications that bring value to our clients and delight their workforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with UX researchers, engineers, designers, client stakeholders, and end-users to improve workflows and achieve business goals
- Drive simplifying key user flows through elegant design solutions
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the development process
- Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch by creating workflows, site maps, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and key UX documentation.
- Consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Deliver a project within estimations (on time/within budget)
- Must be willing and available to travel and work at client sites as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree from a four-year design program
- 2+ years of professional experience in an interaction design role
- Proficiency in Sketch and InVision app for screen design and prototyping
- A strong portfolio that showcases your knowledge of design principles and information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills
- Ability to work with clients to design user experiences and interactions that successfully meet project needs
- Experience designing for responsive web, native iOS, and native Android platforms
- Good critical thinking skills and ability to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Experience working with Keynote presentations
- Verbal & written communication
- Presenting to a Client
- Time management
- Collaborative can work in cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented, down to the pixel
- High energy, positive attitude
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Motion graphics (plus)
- Familiarity with JIRA (plus)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: gui, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Houston, TX!