Lead UX Designer - Signing Bonus Available
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job DescriptionNext Century Corporation
(a CACI company) is Driven by Something Deeper. We were founded in February 2002 in response to the events of September 11, 2001. Since inception our goal has been to provide the solutions which have the power to save lives, promote freedom, and improve our world in exponential ways. Over the past ten years our team has had the privilege to be part of the concept definition, architecture, and software development of a suite of tools that have revolutionized one of the IC agencies operations. We were part of the original team to start this effort. Today that team of 300+ (including our teammates) is still supporting a suite of highly integrated (deep linking) tools used by intel analysts around the world. Some tools have tens of thousands of unique users each month.
The above success and efforts are now being recreated with another of our IC customers. Once again, the Next Century team is helping to lead the early prototyping, architecture, and software development of new analogous apps to support this customers mission. Much trailblazing work needs to be done, including the development of standards (data tagging, etc.), compliance rules, and analyst-facing apps. In addition, machine learning and analytic platform development will be key.
Joining our team could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity giving you the opportunity to be part of reshaping the way our customers perform their mission. We will give you the opportunity to explore your talents and partake in life-long learning. Our team shares a passion in developing cutting-edge solutions that protect our nation. Our leadership team places emphasis on: the importance of balancing work and life, reaching career goals, embracing trust, honesty, fairness within the workplace, and more. More About This Position
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our growing team of six (6) designers. You'll have the opportunity to shape products alongside other industry experts while educating others about the values of design. This role is a good fit if you're a self-starter that can execute projects end-to-end with little direction and can work well with ambiguity. What You Will Get to Do
The UX Designer will take ownership of user research, interviews, and surveys, and translate the findings into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, mockups, and prototypes. The UX Designer will also design the overall functionality of the product and continuously iterate to ensure the best user experience. Responsibilities:
- Leading the design of products
- Conducting and managing customer research and usability studies
- Working directly with engineers to provide product specs and assets
- Working with other designers to conceptualize and iterate on designs
- Designing mockups and high-fidelity user interfaces
- Conducting usability testing and gathering feedback
- Developing wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers, designers, SME's and leadership
- Researching conceiving, sketching, and prototyping
- Following a user-centric design approach and rapidly testing and iterating
- Improving the user experience related to core functionality and new features
Required Skills and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelors degree
- A Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required to being employment.
- Must have a portfolio to be submitted and reviewed during the selection process
What We Can Offer You:
- Expertise in all facets of User Experience.
- Experience working across teams to include developers
- Experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Experience Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Experience troubleshooting and determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Weve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nations highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACIs unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
NSIS.ENG Job Location
US-Falls Church-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Associated topics: gui, interface, ui, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...