Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
JOB TITLE: UX/UI Designer
REPORTS TO: VP, Product Management, Student Success
Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) is a leading provider of higher education and K-12 educational products and solutions, with a mission to serve all who work to elevate their lives through education. Our fast-growing team is seeking a UX/UI designer to join us as we build Bartleby.com, a direct-to-student online platform for homework help.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of design principals, an analytical mind and a passion for understanding user needs and behavior. This person is organized, self-driven, and adept at creating functional wireframes, seamless workflows, and engaging aesthetics that bring our student solutions to life.Job Requirements:
- Design user-centric solutions that are simple and effective; transforming ideas and concepts into wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Empathetic and user-centric mindset when developing designs and rapidly test and iterate.
- Communicate and present designs, design decisions, and show a willingness to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Conduct user interface research and leverage insights on user problems, user behavior, design principles, and business needs to create effective solutions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product development team to bring features to life
- 3+ years experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Bachelor s degree in a related discipline, such as user experience design, user interface design, graphic design, product design, or equivalent in work experience.
- Hands-on experience designing successful consumer-facing productexperiences for desktop/mobile (responsive web and/or native apps) ideally for the Higher-Education/EdTech market.
- Strong grasp of design principles, including typography, color, imagery, and composition.
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates a thoughtful approach and attention to detail.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries.
- Ability to justify and effectively communicate design decisions.
- Highly collaborative and open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience working with product managers to conduct user research and usability testing to optimize product experience. Have an eye for a simple and compelling user interface.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma or similar tools.
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas with different levels of fidelity (sketch, whiteboard, wireframes, etc.) and test with users.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working directly with developers, product managers, and other related stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic. Self-starting personality with the ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions; works well and stays focused under little supervision.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) software development environment and JIRA.
- Experience working with external partners research, design, and development agencies are a plus, though not required.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Complies at all times with the Standards, policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Employee Handbook.
Product Managers, Engineering, Project Managers, Analytics, Marketing
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...