WUIS Enterprise Web User Interface/Experience Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
ARA is considerably expanding our team of Java Enterprise Software Developers, in Raleigh, NC to accommodate growth in our defense-oriented enterprise systems project portfolio, which include support to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and Intelligence Community. As a member of this team you would be designing, developing, and enhancing web/cloud-based multi-user enterprise software as well as supporting interaction with desktop and mobile platforms.
ARA intends to hire for the long-term. We are an employee-owned company looking for new employees that will help make our company better. This role, and in fact any role at ARA, will have potential opportunities for future growth. These may include additional projects, technical leadership, user experience architecture, and project or personnel management.
Enterprise Web User Interface/Experience Software Developer Requirements:
* Technical: Strong and proven web-based UI/UX design and software development skills focusing on HTML/CSS/JS-frameworks. Additional Full Stack experience is a plus.
* Teamwork: An ability to work well on a project team that often includes interdisciplinary experts. We are looking for people that get along well with others in a collaborative setting that can also work independently when needed.
* Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (but Masters or PhD preferred) in a relevant area.
* Experience: 5-7+ years of experience related to the position.
* Attitude: A positive can-do attitude befitting of an ARA employee-owner and awareness of to ARA's Core Values of Passion, Freedom, Service, and Growth (see for details).
* Security: All of the projects hiring under this posting require candidates be ability to attain some level of US security clearance. Therefore, only candidates with a US citizenship can be considered for employment under this posting and existing clearances will be strongly preferred.
Enterprise Web User Interface/Experience Software Developer Preferences:
* Web Standards - JSON, XML, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), and similar.
* Service Interfaces - HTTP/HTTPS/SSL, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSF, Spring, or similar.
* Enterprise Servers - including Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss/Wildfly, TomEE, or others. Other stacks such as Node.js and Django may be a plus for select projects.
* DevOps - IDEs (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), source control (e.g., Git or SVN), build tools (e.g., JDK tools, Ant, Maven, and Gradle), continuous Integration (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity), Task/Bug Tracking (e.g., Jira, Mantis, Redmine, etc.)
* Development Processes: Agile, Spiral/Incremental processes
In addition, special consideration will be given to cross-functional candidates with experience/expertise that enables them to wear multiple hats at ARA. Please indicate if you believe you are also be qualified for and interested in other ARA roles, specifically Enterprise System and Mobile App Developer.
ARA will review your qualifications, resume, and portfolio. If these meet the above requirements you will be contacted for an initial phone interview, during which you will be asked a standardized set of questions about your experience, education, and skills in each of the above areas (no one has all of these so we will focus on your top areas). Our technical team will review your responses to determine appropriate level, project fits, and potentially schedule follow-up phone and in-person interviews. As part of an in-person interview, you will be asked to present an overview of your portfolio (discussing key design decisions) and a deep dive into one project that you feel best represents your capabilities.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), benefits package, relocation opportunities, and a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, 'Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit' sums up the ARA experience. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace, in 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on. We are also very proud of our Women's Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women in order to maximize career and professional accomplishments. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)',
DegreeName: Master of Science
Description: Relevant work experience
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...