UX Designer - Last Mile Experience Design (LMXD)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Design Innovation That Delivers Smiles
We're the Last Mile Experience Design (LMXD) team for Amazon Worldwide Operations, and we're looking for design leaders to bring radical thinking to both big-vision and fast-execution projects-getting stuff done in the short term while figuring out the next big thing. Many of our projects move beyond the digital space to bridge physical processes as well. We are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are digital interfaces. We work collaboratively in our design and prototyping studio to research customer behavior and needs, and define customer experiences that meet them.
About the Last Mile UX Team
We work on both big-vision and fast-execution projects-getting stuff done in the short term while figuring out the next big thing. Many of our projects move beyond the digital space to bridge physical processes as well. We are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are digital interfaces. We work collaboratively in our design and prototyping studio to research customer behavior and needs, and define customer experiences that meet them.
What You'll Do
You will solve ambiguous and challenging problems by delivering experiences that contribute to setting a driver up for success ahead of delivering packages on-road. This includes everything from program signup and onboarding and training, to finding delivery work through our Flex app which allows drivers to find delivery work that meets their schedule.
As a Sr. UX Designer for Last Mile, you possess the necessary skills and expertise to be able lead projects and push UX Design limits. You demonstrate an ability to work creatively around difficult design limitations. You'll be responsible for managing your own work queue and crafting, pitching and validating your design strategies. You'll drive alignment and commitment to design decisions by soliciting, synthesizing and managing design feedback, and partner with peers and stakeholders to deliver tangible results. Collaboration and facilitation skills are key capabilities for this role. As a contributing member of our team, you'll maintain the highest design standards and act responsibly in the execution of these standards, as well as strive to continuously improve upon best practices and processes. It's expected you'll demonstrate customer-centric judgment in your day-to-day design decisions and partner/stakeholder engagements, be an advocate for a quality customer experience, and understand your Amazon customer base, the competition and industry.
Leading with Vision
We adhere to a loose process for design:
* We invent via collaborative brainstorming sessions
* We prototype and simulate experiences with real customers, to whom we have access
* We socialize vision upward and outward
* We document the experience and support our tech teams
* We launch and celebrate
We aren't robots-we can't be effective, innovative designers if we work extreme hours (plus, many of us have families!). So, while we may invest extra to time to put on the finishing touches to launch critical projects, we strive to accurately scope projects, reduce project thrash, and average a normal work week.
As a UX Designer on the Last Mile team, you will works on UX projects that are large in scope and complexity with reasonable autonomy, and should meet the following basic qualifications:
* Solid experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
* A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple organizations and drive alignment
* Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects
* Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
* Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of customer experiences
* Experience with best practices for information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
* Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools (eg. Sketch, InVision, Framer JS, Flinto, Illustrator, Adobe XD)
* Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
* Must work with our team in the Bellevue, WA office (Amazon Everest building)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: interactive producer, interface, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...