Senior UX Researcher, Shopping Design
Compensation: $82,190.00 - $145,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you a passionate customer advocate and accomplished UX researcher with a drive to deeply understand not only what customers want-but why? The Shopping Design organization is shaping the future of shopping for millions of customers world-wide, and we're growing our team. You're an expert who thrives on conducting qualitative research. In this role, you will drive and implement a research strategy, possibly inventing some new research techniques along the way, so we can better understand our customers. Your research will be agile, performing quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful findings that lead to product improvements and new directions. Our teams move fast and iterate continually. You will be right there with them-but you will also find time to zoom out and ask the big questions that change the course of these programs, or cause us to build entirely new ones. You will interact daily with product managers, designers, engineers and your research peers to understand and guide the team's research needs, including designing and conducting research activities. You'll drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap.
As an ideal candidate, you have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, but you also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and you're interested in pushing the boundaries of agile research. You are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and a relentless determination to do what is right for Amazon's customers. You can work with minimal direction while delivering high-quality outputs on time. You will work on overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
* A BS or equivalent degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD (or similar), or equivalent work experience.
* End-to-end experience with all aspects of research
* A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
* Experience conducting research on mobile platforms
* Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), benchmarking, international research, survey design and usage of multiple methods within a study
* Behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data)
* The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
* Communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
* Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research
* Demonstrated passion for solving problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...