Digital UX & UI Designer
AllianceBernstein in Nashville, TN
- Industry: Information Technology - UX/UI Designer
- Type: Full Time
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a leading global investment-management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional investors, financial intermediaries and private-wealth clients in major global markets. Our client base includes some of the world s leading institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. We maintain research, portfolio-management, wealth-management and client-service offices around the world, reflecting our global capabilities and the needs of our clients. Partnering closely with clients, our research and portfolio management teams collaborate across asset classes, regions, sectors, and investment strategies to spark new thinking and deliver superior outcomes. We foster an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for team members to continually learn, develop their skills and take on new challenges to progress in their careers.
Client Group Overview
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help clients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm s investment teams and supports our clients and internal business partners through investment-platform and product content, messaging, competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages the firm s global lineup of investment services and considers clients evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating, packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business, leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve profitability
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
Digital UX & UI Designers at AB have a passion for designing elegant, simple, hard-working interfaces and solutions for desktop, mobile, email, video and information graphics. They create complete websites, conceptual designs for video storyboards and prototypes as well as produce detailed components for AB s Pattern Library. They should be just as comfortable starting with a clean slate and brainstorming creative concepts as much as designing within a pre-determined brand style. With over 65 global digital properties, AB delivers stunning work, and visual design is integral to this; attention to pixels and negative space is crucial. Designers collaborate closely with strategy, editorial, PMs, product managers, development and marketing managers around the globe to deliver superior work.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with a proven track record and a passion for maintaining high standards and excellence. Keeping the end-user front-of-mind is essential so a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces and navigation is required. The best products are more than just visually pleasing, they need to work for the user above all.
- Design innovative, engaging, responsive layouts & experiences prioritizing mobile-first and planning for progressive enhancement: ensure concept compatability with the reality of
- Develop and iterate from sketches to comps, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to effectively communicate design and meet business, user and technological needs.
- Collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders such as other UX and Design team members, Front-End Developers, Project Managers and Product Owners to execute design ideas.
What s important to us?
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges.
- Exceptional skills in typography, grid systems and an eye for interactive graphics.
- Ability to work within a brand system, deliver on-brand designs and contribute creative ideas to express the brand in new ways.
- Deep knowledge of user interface design process and methodology, particularly as applied to digital products, with a familiarity of how front-end development works.
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team, who can take and give clear feedback.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Illustrator and XD.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects.
- BFA degree or equivalent in a related field.
- 4-5 years UX/UI design experience.
- At least 5 years experience working full time.
Location: Nashville, TN
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user interface, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!