User Experience Strategist
Compensation: $132,180.00 - $205,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The User Experience Strategist will be responsible for creating and leading Design Thinking practice, working closely with teams across the organization to introduce a new way of working. This role will also be working with a newly created technical Reporting team that is responsible for developing dashboards and increasing transparency throughout the organization. The UX Strategist will be responsible for helping the organization design and implement Emergent Holdings next generation learning experiences. A primary focus for this role is to utilize Design Thinking to tackle ambiguity and create data visualizations through dashboards and reports for leaders to make more informed decisions.
- Lead and develop a design-thinking practice and provide design thinking services throughout the different business units and corporate functions.
- Conceptualize and develop customer journey maps and personas to promote positive experiences.
- Evolve the current set of design tools and methods and create standard process for applying human-centered design and design thinking.
- Develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders.
- Assist with designing dashboards to promote transparency while driving change as the organization matures its Agile capabilities
- Leverage an iterative, user-centered approach to conceive and deliver valuable new experiences for stakeholders.
- Lead in the creation of professional-level deliverables including personas, journey maps, workflows, and wireframes.
- Collaborate closely with functional leads and managers throughout the organization to better understand their gaps and what type of data they need to better manage their functional areas.
- Works closely with business, functional and technology teams and create/facilitate human centered design activities that drive a differentiated customer experience.
- Serves as an advocate and champion for the customer centric, research, & design cultures to stakeholders with little experience partnering in human centered design.
- Leverage standard UI/UX guidelines for visual styling of frontend web UI elements and dashboards
- Conduct stakeholder and end user interviews
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in information technology, human-computer interactions, user experience, design, research, journalism communication or a related field. Master's degree preferred. Certification in Human Centered Design and/or Design Thinking is required. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required.
8 -- 10 years of UI/UX design experience, showing progressive leadership responsibilities throughout career. Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a cross functional, Agile software development team. A minimum of 2-3 years of Design Thinking experience (Design Thinking approach, methods, and tools) is required. 3-5 years of experience working directly with users and stakeholders to uncover and prioritize product features and functionality in a consultative approach, is required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Understanding of design of user-centric experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop solutions
- Experience working directly with users and stakeholders to uncover and prioritize product features and functionality
- Proven use of Design Thinking approach, methods and tools
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong facilitation capabilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Background in UI tools and technologies a plus
- Experience with leading Customer Experience engagements.
- Exceptional project and time management skills.
- Experience with workshop facilitation
- Experience with agile methodology
- Collaboration with multiple teams
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant user experience capabilities with work samples
- Ability to be highly creative, self-motivated and apply concept to practice.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely, articulate ideas and design recommendations, report facts and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to interact with others to build consensus and get decisions implemented.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an 'at will' basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...